When wanting to renovate a room in your home, kitchen remodeling is the perfect way to increase its value and spice up the interior. Remodeling a kitchen can sound expensive and time-consuming. Where do you even begin? From kitchen cabinets to countertops, there are so many options for kitchen design. We have compiled all of the most frequent questions asked when considering remodeling your kitchen.
How Long Does a Kitchen Remodel Take?
Unfortunately, there is no exact timeframe for kitchen remodeling and it depends on the extent of the project. When you contact us for a quote and explain to us your remodeling goals we can then provide our clients with a detailed time frame, along with the estimated price.
To get an idea, replacing kitchen countertops can take as little as 1 to 2 days, however, a more complex renovation can take up to 6 to 7 weeks. This may include replacing floors, countertops, cabinets, painting, adding a backsplash, etc. Remodeling your kitchen is all about planning and hiring a professional to help execute your dream kitchen.
How to Prepare for My Kitchen Remodel?
Prior to scheduling a kitchen remodel with us, you’ll want to ensure that your vision is properly aligned. If you aren’t sure which direction you want to take, get inspiration and remodeling ideas from magazines or online.
Once you have narrowed down your options and are ready to get the remodeling process started, contact us for a quote. You’ll want to clear the area and remove any belonging in cabinets, on countertops, or anywhere you plan on having work done.
Stages of the Kitchen Remodel
Each stage of a kitchen remodel is just as important as the last. Here is a list of the stages of a remodel project and what goes into each step at Williams Remodel.
- The Design Process: The first step in the kitchen remodeling process is to discuss with your contractor the goals you are trying to achieve. Which designs you like and choosing the materials that will be used in your new kitchen.
- Demolition: Once the materials have been ordered it is time for the fun part. We start by removing kitchen cabinetry, walls, flooring, and appliances. This is when we come in with sledgehammers and begin to smash and destroy the kitchen you once knew.
- Plumbing: If needed, we will replace the old plumbing in your kitchen, to ensure it’s ready to handle all the new features and appliances.
- Electrical: Just like the plumbing, if needed we will update all electrical components. As well as replace any old fixtures with new more updated ones that match your new kitchen.
- Drywall: If walls were removed our team will install new drywall where ever it is needed.
- Painting: Following the installation of the drywall, we will paint the new walls or any walls that you may want to change the color of.
- Flooring: After the painting is when we do the flooring. This is because we do not want any paint ruining our new floors. This also includes adding new baseboards or tiles.
- Cabinetry: The next step is to add the cabinetry that you chose during the design process. If you keep your old cabinets, but what to give them a little makeover, a fresh coat of paint can give that effect.
- Countertops: Nearing the end of the remodeling process is when the new countertops will be installed. Some say this is the part that gives people the most satisfaction. This is because the kitchen begins coming together when the countertops are installed.
- Backsplash: If you chose to add a backsplash, we will add it under cabinets or around your sink and stove depending on the look you are going for.
- Appliances: The final step is to add any new, or old, appliances back into your kitchen. This also includes adding any hardware to cabinetry.
Will My Remodel Give My Home More Value?
Kitchen remodeling can provide significant benefits when you sell your home. A kitchen that is in need of an update may be less desirable to potential buyers than a kitchen with all the latest features and appliances. It is known that improving your home in any way will add value, however, the kitchen is a focal point of your home. This being said, choosing to remodel this room of your home will give you the biggest bang for your buck.
Need More Information?
If you’re ready to start your kitchen remodeling process, contact us at Williams Remodel. We are specialists in kitchen remodeling and have the experience necessary for any size project. We use high-quality cabinets on every job, with unlimited color and finish options. We are here to make your kitchen dreams a reality.